Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A LITTLE THIS-A AND A LITTLE THAT-A – WITH THE EMPHASIS ON THE LATTA!

+ I have never read or watched alleged financial guru-ess Suze Orman, The word I have seen on the blogosphere and heard from other professional financial speakers is basically that she is an idiot who doesn’t know her arse from a hole in the ground (a speaker said something to that affect at a tax seminar). The PERSONAL FINANCE MORON confirms what I have heard elsewhere – that, to say the least, “Suze Orman is Annoying”.

The Moron (the blog author, not Orman) makes a good point, that also applies to tax planning-

“I‘m a firm believer that Personal Finance is a very personal thing and there is no one solution that fits everyone’s personal situation.”

+ My tax blog THE WANDERING TAX PRO is the tenth awardee of the TICK MARK blog’s “Twelve Blogs of Christmas”! Blog author Dan Meyer of Tennessee writes that my “’What's the Buzz’ column, included at least weekly, is a good review of tax posts”.

+ FIVE CENT NICKEL (is there any other kind?) suggests a good year-end activity in his post “
Clearing Out Your House for Fun and Profit”. Apparently this posting is part of the Money Blog Network Group’s Writing Project on year end money moves. The rest of the Group also provides some good year-end ideas.

+ Dawn of FRUGAL FOR LIFE discusses the concept of “re-gifting” with some good advice in her post “
Re-Gifting In 4 Simple Steps”. While I no longer really exchange gifts at Christmas any more, I do often find myself in a position where I bring a “token” gift, and also receive such gifts myself. I have often received perfectly good “stuff” for which I have absolutely no use and have on occasion done what, according to this post, apparently a lot of people do. I think that “re-gifting” is fine as long as it is done properly, following the advice in Dawn’s post.

+ JLP of ALL FINANCIAL MATTERS offers some truly sound advice in his post “
Solid Advice: ALWAYS Question Commissioned Salesmen!” Just as I said in an earlier post that there are times when you can say NEVER, there are also times when you should say ALWAYS.

+ Thanks to Dave of MY TWO DOLLARS for mentioning my Cabaret of Common Sense Advice in his weekly Blog Carnival and Festival update! So far he is the only “common sense advisor” who has done so.

+ Don't forget to check out the ANYTHING BUT TAXES
December trivia contest!

TTYL

No comments: