Saturday, June 21, 2008

A LITTLE THIS-A AND A LITTLE THAT-A – WITH THE EMPHASIS ON THE LATTA

Just a few items:
.
+ WTF is this Amy Whinehouse who is constantly appearing in the entertainment headlines on my Mail.com and Comcast.net homepages? From what I can tell she is nothing but a crack addict (I took the high ground and refrained from using “ho”). Can someone tell me if she is anything other than the British version of Paris Hilton?

+ CRY BABY: THE MUSICAL, which I blogged about in “Jukebox Jamboree“, will close tomorrow (Sunday) after 68 performances. The show, which was nominated for 4 Tonys including Best Musical, walked away empty-handed last Sunday. While not as good as the musical comedy verion of HAIRSPRAY it was entertaining and deserved a longer life, considering something like RUDE AWAKENING (which I have not seen, and do not expect to) with teen-agers screaming and cursing for 2+ hours plays on.
.
+ I also learned via Playbill.com that A CATERED AFFAIR, the new musical by John Bucchino and Harvey Fierstein, who also co-stars, will close on July 27. I may try to see it via tdf before it goes.
.
TTYL

No comments: