Friday, January 18, 2008

THE THEATRE, THE THEATRE

I just ordered a ticket for the new David Mamet political comedy NOVEMBER starring fellow Jersey City native Nathan Lane, ROSEANNE’s Laurie Metcalf and Dylan Baker for next Thursday night. One last night out on the town before I am chained to my home office desk for the two and a half months of the tax filing season!

I hadn’t heard of the show until a friend gave me a booklet of discount coupons at lunch yesterday.

The coupon promised a 30% savings for a price of only $69.00. Of course the price of the ticket was not $69.00 - with the various “service charges” it ended up at $78.00. Still, that’s better than the $99.50 box-office price. Now watch - NOVEMBER will be included in my next tdf offering for only $35.00! But then my $78.00 ticket is for the 5th row of the orchestra – while a tdf $35.00 ticket could be in the nosebleed section.

Anyway, to get the discount I went to
www.broadwayoffers.com and typed in promotion code SAVE13. This discount is not just for NOVEMBER, but for most current Broadway offerings.

I also signed up my email address over at
www.20at20.com to be notified of the next “20 at 20” promotion. Apparently during this promotion you can see an off-Broadway show for only $20.00 if you but the ticket 20 minutes before curtain. This promotion is offered by www.OFFBROADWAY.com. I learned about this in the same booklet that contained all the coupons.

TTYL

No comments: